I woke up this morning at 4 am not because of a crying baby, but because of an aching back. A few hours later it hadn't gone away. At 8:30 I had the most excruciating pain. The kind that seizes your entire body and makes you nacious. Sean decided that I needed to go to the emergency room. I was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and possible kidney stone, given an antibiotic and percocet (yes, both are safe for Sophie) and have spent the rest of the day on the couch with a heating pad. I have heard that the only pain worse than labor is a kidney stone. Lucky me I got to experience both in one week! :)
The blessings of the day were that Sean was able to take the day off and has been so supportive. Sean's Aunt Kim was planning on coming over at 9 any way and help out around the house. She ended up taking Jenna to the zoo and McDonalds and cleanin my house! Finally, the worst of the pain came just when Sophie needed to eat. I had been able to pump a few ounces so Sean attemped a bottled. Sophie took it with no trouble at all and guzzled it down. Wow!
So, it was a day of tremendous pain and provision.
2 comments:
Praying you will be feeling better soon and that God will continue to provide for your girls while you heal!
Congratulations, Corrie, Sean, and Jenna. Sophie is beautiful. What a blessing to have two healthy girls!! Will pray that you continue to heal and feel better. Cindy Morton
Post a Comment