Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sean is home!

Yesterday morning Jenna and I drove to Fort Carson at 4:00 am to pick up Sean. Were waited for about an hour before we saw the lights of the three big charted buses cresting the hill. About 150 soldiers emptied off the buses and were greeted by friends and family. The combination of it being dark outside and the mass of green uniforms made it a challenge to find your soldier. All around us families were being reunited while others were still searching expectantly. It took me about 3 minutes to find Sean, which felt like eternity. Jenna went right to him. :) Sophie was at home with my brother Mark and woke up just as we got home. She let him give her her bottle, but is still hesitant. She would rather have me hold her but she is already looking at him with more of a familiar look and has even given him a few smiles. He has the rest of the week off and will go back to work on Monday. It is still surreal to have him home, wonderfully surreal.

5 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I am so happy for you all! Welcome home Sean and thank you for serving our country in such amazing ways! I hope you all enjoy some special time together this week!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Welcome back, Sean!! Precious picture of Sean and Jenna!

Much love,

Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more photos of the happy family back together!

Elisabeth said...

Yeah, I'm so glad! We've been praying for you all!

April said...

I'm so glad he made it back safely! Enjoy your time together!