
I was talking to my sister today about a decision I am trying to make about the girls. She suggested that I blog about it. "People love to give advice, especially moms" she told me. :) So here's my question: When we move in the fall the girls will be sharing a room and we will be putting Sophie's crib in storage. I am trying to figure out if we should make these changes in stages or all at once. Should I move the girls in together while we are still in a familar place? Should I move Sophie out of her crib late in the summer and move her into Jenna's toddler bed, therefore getting bunkbeds and moving Jenna into the lower bunk? Or, once we get to California should I keep Jenna in her bed, put Sophie in a pack n play and then go through the bed transition once they are used to sharing a room? Any thoughts?
4 comments:
Where in CA are you all moving to? Most of our family are living in CA now...it would be so fun to visit you all too!
The girls look great!
Take care,
Anne Marie and Tony
I would recommend making the transition as soon as possible, and before you move. I think moving Sophie into a bed at the same time as moving her in with Jenna is not too much to do at once, and will make the move that much easier. Stephen and Elisabeth shared a room with twin beds when they were 1 1/2 and 3 1/2, and it worked out just fine. Just my opinion! Aunt Susan
Hi Corrie! It's Rebecca Wallace (aka Becky Hartig) and just found your blog through your mom's. We moved to Austin, Texas in January - and the bed transition thing has been a little harder than I imagined. Liam is 20 months and the move took a bigger toll on him emotionally than I thought it would. I had totally planned to be transitioned into a toddler bed by now, but he is still in the crib - due to the familiarity of it. If I could do it over, I would have done all the transitioning in the familiar place before the change.
Do you mind if I put your blog on my blogroll? You'll have to come and check us out at www.twiaa.blogspot.com
Your girls are just precious. We are expecting another in August. :)
Take Care!
Rebecca
Hi Corrie - I've been reading your blog, but have never commented before. My girls transitioned fairly simply to the twin beds - but having them both in the same room has come with its share of adjustments. The best piece of advice we were given was by a former ECA teach and she suggested putting the younger sister to bed/nap first and letting the older sister go down about 30 minutes later. This has been a LIFESAVER for us especially at bed time. We told Emily it was her big sister job to go in and lay down quietly when it was her turn to go to sleep. Naps are a struggle - you can witness this at my blog today! But, for bed time, I would try staggered bed times. It was a big party in there otherwise.
Hope that helps - looks like you've had some good input from others too.
Monica
Post a Comment