The birthday girl is ready for her party!
This afternoon we had a birthday party for Jenna with three of her friends. We have been talking about it for about a month, so she was very excited that the day is finally here. We played dress up, ate lunch, made necklaces, opened presents and ate cake. It took about an hour and was so much fun. It was nice just to have a few friends. A big blessing for me was my friend Lora watching Sophie during the party so that I could the party girls my undivided attention.
This was my first attempt at decorating a birthday cake. The cake stand that it is on was my grandmother's. A few weeks ago a lady from my church, who owns her own bakery, came to our moms and tots group and taught gave us some tips on decorating. One of the best things I learned is that she she uses whipped cream for icing. It was so much easier to work with than icing and not nearly as sweet.
Spring is a fun time to have a birthday party for a little girl. I found these tins at the dollar section at Target and personalized them for favors for the girls.
Playing dress up with Paige, Allison and Michaelia.Little ladies eating lunch.
Alli gave Jenna kiddie cookie baking set. It was such a thoughtful gift because we made valentine's day cookies for together.
My mom's gift was a vacuum, ironing board and iron set. It was the hit of the party!
Paige and Michaelia gave Jenna a Barbie camera. It doesn't take pictures, but it makes all of the sounds. Their mom told me that they picked it out for her. She LOVES it.I have some cute video, but I haven't had a chance to upload it yet. All in all it was a wonderful party. I hope that she remembers it. :)
5 comments:
Hi Corrie,
What a doll! Looks like her mama. I love being able to see everyone again through the blogs. I linked through Amy and April and found you guys. We sure do miss CO and everyone there. I cant believe how big everyone's girls are now - and grandma Denise looks great too. Happy Birthday Jenna.
Angela Curlee
Happy Birthday, Jenna! Looks like such a cute party!
Today in church, we sat right behind two families who are cousins, and seeing how much fun they had together made me wish we could live near our cousins.
What a fabulous party. I love the look on Jenna's face in all the pictures. She just looks so completely thrilled. The dress up picture is priceless. Way to go on the cake. It's beautiful!
Oh that cute Jenna smile! She squinches up her nose and smiles so wide!
She is so lovely!!
she's a very lucky girl to have wonderfull parents (and grandparents of course:) like you
Happy birthday Jenna, I hope all your wishes come true on your new age.
Post a Comment