Sunday, April 06, 2008

Our New Car

About two months ago we got our new car! We had been in the market for a Honda Pilot since just before Christmas. The mechanic that my family has been going to for over 10 years also goes to auction for used cars. There was a Pilot auction in mid February and he told us that he got us the best of the bunch. It is a silver 2004 with about 60,000 miles on it, leather interior and lots of other cool little features. We love it!

When I first started driving it I was a little overwhelmed by all of the space. I am still getting used to parking it. It felt a little indulgent to be driving around that much car, but we have made the most of it. One of my favorite parts of having this much space has been to be able to transport Jenna's best friend Allison Bryant. The third row can be flat for cargo or have seats to sit a total of 8 in the car. Lora and I have started helping each other out on Mondays. Her home is on the way home from the gym, so for the past two Mondays I have either picked Alli up or dropped my girls off. It is such a blessing.
Ali, our mechanic, also included free maintenance until we move this winter, and new tires and windshield to be installed just before we take off for California. Sean has been hesitant to buy used cars, but after this experience he is sold!
Next it is Sean's turn. He will be buying a Mini Cooper next month from a friend at work. He is so excited. He has been driving the Honda Civic that I bought in college since Jenna was born. It has been a great commuter car, but hard on the ego. He is so excited about this new car that his motorcycle to help pay for it. We posted it on craigslist and within 3 days we had 10 people interested. One of them just happened to be on of the deacons at the church! He had know idea Sean was the seller! We of course moved his name to the top of the list and he came by Saturday to pick it up

This is a 2007 mini. Sean's is a couple of years older and is blue with white racing stripes. It's really a fun car and still gets great gas mileage for a commuter. I won't mind this one taking up garage space. :)

1 comment:

Heather of Troy said...

I got a little confused between Alli, the two year old, and Ali, the mechanic. Since I know both of them, you'd think that wouldn't happen but they were both in the story so I found myself thinking you had a 2 year old mechanic. :-) Love the car. I also love how Jenna knows how to pose for a picture. I'm sure Sophie will pick up on that soon. Jenna told me that you have a "New Silvah Caw." It's great to see a picture!