We went strawberry picking at a local farm a few weeks ago. We picked 8 lbs and made some strawberry freezer jam and strawberry shortcake. It was really fun especially since it was something both girls could do on their own.
About 3/4 of the way through Sophie figured out that she could eat what she was picking. Her face was covered in strawberry juice by the end. She definitely consumed more than the "sample" we were allowed to take, but it was so cute, watching her make the connection that this is where strawberries come from, that I didn't stop her.
We met up with our friends Ron and Emily and their kids Nina (almost 4) and Sam (7 months). Nina and Jenna had a great time wondering the fields and picking the best berries.
It was an overcast day and a little chilly, but the farm was beautiful. We had a great time.
5 comments:
Super fun! They are so beautiful with those big smiles!
I can't believe I've missed so many posts! I just went back and read from Mother's Day on. So great! I love that Mother's Day pic of the 3 of you. It didn't even cross my mind to get a pic like that on MD! I love the SF pics and I can't believe there were b'day suits in the race. Wow. You guys are getting a boat-load of culture! And the strawberry farm looks beautiful!! It is a place from a picture! Thank you for posting!
Yummm! I love strawberries! It is so fun to see you guys living it up in CA. Jenna & Sophie are getting so big! We need to come out and visit this fall! :)
Great pictures...looks like lots of fun was had!
What a great day! The girls are beautiful - so grown up.
Post a Comment