Friday, May 22, 2009

San Francisco

Last month we made the 2 hour drive up to San Francisco for the weekend. Sean was running the 12k Bay to Breakers race, so we decided to make a family trip out of it.
Our sweet girls have no idea how much culture they have had the privilege to see over the past nine months (from DC to San Francisco!). The have enjoyed their tour of the nations carousels though. :)This carousel is in the oldest children's park in the United states. The park itself had a lot of fun equipment, but the carousel was fantastic. It was beautiful. Sophie was thrilled to get to ride a "floggy" and Jenna loved so many of the characters she had trouble deciding which one to ride. Sean is always a trooper when it comes to parks. Those slides aren't made for daddies, but he makes it look easy. :)I enjoyed seeing some of the famous sites of San Francisco including the Victorian Houses (The Painted Ladies) and ... Lombard Street, the most crooked street in the world. The botanical gardens were beautiful. Jenna LOVES plans and flowers. Maybe she'll get my grandmother and mother's green thumb which has seemed to skip a generation with me. Here's Sean right before the race. I can say without a doubt that this is the craziest thing I have ever experienced. There were some serious runners, but most were just running for fun. There were mom's with strollers, people riding in floats and every imaginable costume, including birthday suits! I was not expecting that, but I can now that I have experienced San Francisco.
Thank goodness the girls were having too much fun hanging on the guard rails to notice any costumes, or lack there of. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca Price said...

When you say birthday suits...do you mean no clothes at all? I didn't even think that was legal in public, but I suppose San Francisco has its own set of rules. :)

Lisa said...

San Francisco, the rice a roni treat. Oh wait, maybe its the other way around...
You have the most BEAUTIFUL family. I love seeing pics of you and Sean.