Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day: Bittersweet Reminders, Sweet Sacrifice

Today I did the last of Sean's laundry and said goodbye to the beautiful tulips he got me before he left. Bittersweet reminders. Today I not only got our first call from him from his room in Juba, but learned that he has a direct line and that I can actually call him! He is so excited to be where he is. I gave him up and in return I have gotten him back. The passion for his job that I admire so much about him died with this last deployment to Iraq, but it has returned in Juba. Praise God!

4 comments:

Heather of Troy said...

How nice to know that you can call him!

Olivia said...

Again, yay for modern technology. Thanks for the update. I'm going to pray for an intimacy that is without equal. Can you visit him at all?

McClureFamily said...

He has a conference in Germany in May. I am planning to fly over for a week. :)

McClureFamily said...

He has a conference in Germany in May. I am planning to fly over for a week. :)