-->
Life
has been full to overflowing since we got back this summer. I wish I had time
to blog, but it’s enough just to be keeping up with life right now. Jenna is
loving school and has made a beautiful adjustment. Rachel and Sophie are happy
at home, although they miss their big sister and home schooling without
community is rough, but we’re doing it. Sean is drowning in work and loving it.
I’m keeping everything moving along and home schooling, working with the
refugee kids on Sundays and directing the kid’s Christmas program at church.
Our community is the best part of our life here.
Life
is good. So good in fact that we have decided to stay in Nigeria an extra year,
which puts us here until the summer of ’19. When we leave here, Jenna will be
entering high school. Mind blown.
It
was an easy decision to make, when we looked at our options, but it wasn’t
without it’s heartache. There is a lot I love about living here and there is a
lot I miss about home. I struggle to not look back on what we had and wish for
it. My girls are having amazing experiences, but they aren’t getting normal
growing up experiences and I grieve that. I have wonderful friends here AND I
miss my wonderful friends in the US. We are meeting my parents in London in
December to celebrate my 40th birthday
AND I’m faced with poverty, injustice and culture shock constantly. It’s good
AND hard and it is where God has us, which makes it right.
In
a few weeks, we will fly back to Texas for my grandmother’s service. Sean will
even be able to join us. It will be a precious time with family AND it will be
hard. Jetlag, celebrating and grieving the loss of my precious grandmother, a
teasing taste of home, a few days of loving on nieces and nephews and being
loved on as well, then crossing the Atlantic again 6 days later. Good AND hard
AND right. So many emotions.
Thank you for your love
and prayers
No comments:
Post a Comment