Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Big Girl

Jenna has recently rediscovered bananas. She asks for a "na" at least twice a day and loves to stuff a big piece in her mouth and chew on it for a little while as she goes about her busy day.

Yesterday she as watching "Dora the Explorer" and ran over to Sophie in the swing. "Phie! Dora!" she said, pointing to the TV as if she was introducing her little sister to one of the great things of life.

She is in the stage where new words are coming out everyday. When I went to get her up the other morning she said, "Hi!" with so much enthusiasm and clarity she sounded like she was 5 years old. Her other phrases are, " I du no" and "No way" and alot of other things that I can't quite make out yet.

We went cold turkey on the pacifier last week which was hard, but is really paying off. I was tired of it being in all of the pictures and wanted to get rid of it before Heather's wedding. Plus it was affecting her language developement. I knew she was too young to do anything creative, so we just did it. She is talking so much more now and although naps and bedtime are still hard we're going to make it. :)

No comments: