Saturday, March 24, 2007

Our First Star Sighting!

My good friends, Anne and Amy, are here visiting for their spring break. My mom took us sight seeing today and we decided to stop at Donald Trump's golf club, which has public beach access. We walked around, saw pictures being taken for a wedding, and decided to go to the pro shop to pick up some momentos. While I was buying a hat for Sean, my mom came up beside me and quietly said, "He's here." I turned around and saw Donald Trump on the other side of the shop. I picked up my wallet (forgot my purchase) and went back to the stroller to get my camera. I picked up Jenna and waited until Mr. Trump was on his way out of the shop. "He can always say no," I told my mom as I stepped up to him. "Mr. Trump (I asked) would you mind having your picture taken with my girls and me for my husband who is deployed?" "Sure, but make it quick," he replied in a kind, but urgent, tone. Honestly I don't think he heard anything that I said, but he was gracious. Oh, and the cashier made sure I didn't leave without Sean's hat. :)

Trump National Golf Club with Amy and Anne

Jenna playing on the grounds of the golf club. Yes, that is the Pacific Ocean behind her!


Our first shot of the Pacific Ocean. It was cold and overcast when we started out today, but it warmed up and was abolutely beautiful by late afternoon.





2 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

Very neat! That was brave of you to ask Mr. Trump for a photo op!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed Corrie! He actually looks happy...how could he not be with your adorable kids. When I pulled up your page I thought it was a lifesize poster at first!! Love ya, Jennica