Monday, October 08, 2007

An Update on Sophie

Since my last entry on Sophie I have had less time to blogg since, you guessed it, she is crawling! Not only crawling, but pulling up on things and exploring the house. She has yet to discover the stairs, thank goodness, although she can crawl up the one step from the deck to the kitchen.
Sophie and Jenna are having so much fun together. Sophie will cover her eyes and play peek-a-boo with Jenna on cue and crinkle her noes and blow through it at Jenna's request. I'll try to get some pictures of them together. It is so adorable. Sophie LOVES Daisy and often crawls over to her and rolls on top of her or "pats" her on the back or tummy. Daisy is a trooper.
Her vocabulary is also picking up. She has added "mama" to her fruquent "dada" and "uh oh" and says something that sounds close to "Hi Daisy" when she sees her puppy. Daisy was Jenna's first word, so I wouldn't be suprised if history repeats itself.


Jenna is such a good big sister and big helper. (Okay, I know this isn't a great shot, but I haven't been able to get a good one of the two of them together.) She brings me clean diapers and throws away dirty ones. She feeds Daisy dinner and takes her own dishes to the sink. She entertains Sophie and can make her laugh more than anyone else.

I often ask Jenna to watch Sophie while I run upstairs to switch out a load of laundry etc. I don't really expect anything out of her, but she loves to help and I want to encourage that, while at the same time teaching her not to be bossy. Today I thought I had a bossiness (is that a word?) situation to deal with. I was unloading the groceries in the kitchen and heard Jenna saying, "No Sophie, no Sophie." I could hear Sophie getting frustrated and was about to correct Jenna, but in a moment of wisdom, decided to go check out the situation first. The basement door was wide open and Sophie was about a foot away. Jenna was pushing her backwards. I praised Jenna for keeping her sister safe and praised God for his protection on my children's lives. Now if I can just figure out how to channel Jenna's desire to be a big girl into potty training. :)

No comments: