Friday, April 25, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

Sophie is my daring child. She loves to be thrown in the air, has been climbing up and down the stairs for months and yesterday went on the carousal at the zoo for the first time. Jenna didn't even enjoy swinging until she was over 2, although she is becoming much more brave. Along with this sense of adventure, Sophie has received her fair share of bumps and bruises. A few weeks ago she tripped and hit her eye on the coffee table. Just at that started to clear up she felling into a basket and bruised her cheek!

Sophie is also more destructive than Jenna. We went to Payless the other day and as I was trying to pick out summer sandals Sophie went down the line and pulled all of the shoes off the rack. Jenna then started to pick them up and put them back in their boxes. Then we went to Chick-fil-a (or Chick-a-lay as Jenna calls it). I was ordering when I heard a crash. Sophie had knocked over a caution sign. After I ordered to turned to pick it back up, but it was already back in place. The customer behind me commented on how smart Jenna was to be able to put it back up.
I had the thought that this is going to be the story of their lives, Jenna cleaning up Sophie's messes and along the way Sophie will be helping Jenna learn to relax.

No comments: