Thursday, July 03, 2008

Meeting Susannah

On Tuesday I arrived in Dallas and met my precious niece Susannah!

My mom had been with Heather and Troy for three weeks and passed the torch to me. I will be here a week while my girls enjoy time with their second cousins in Denver.
Yesterday Heather hit a low point in her energy. We had to go to the hospital for PKU and then needed to go grocery shopping. Heather bravely let me take Susannah on her first shopping experience so that she could get some good sleep. I put Susannah in the Baby Bjorn and she slept the entire shopping trip.
Yesterday Susannah turned 2 weeks old. She had had a lot of trouble sleeping the night before so I told Heather I would keep her in the living room with me and just bring her in for feedings. I hoped to figure out what was keeping her up and knew it was going to be a long night.However she went over four hours between feedings with hardly a squeak in between. I was so happy and hope that she can keep this up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt CoCo,

I'm so glad you are there to help with Susannah and spend time with Heather and Troy! What a precious gift! So glad you got to break Susannah into the joys of grocery shopping!!

Love,

Aunt Susan