We are still in disbelief that we live here, especially since we have been enjoying 75 degree weather while the rest of the country has been freezing. We have found out that this perfect weather is even unusual for Monterey this time of year, so we are grateful for the out of the ordinary welcome. We had 10 straight days of perfection. Yesterday the fog settled in and the highs are only supposed to be in the 50's for the next ten days, so we are getting a little bit of a reality check.
On Saturday we went to the Dennis the Menace Park, which we have been anticipating for a couple of months. If you follow this link there is a great picture. Just beyond the treeline is the ocean. We had good time, but there were a ton of people there, so we will have to go back on a week day. 
On Sunday it felt more like July than January. I thought the girls, especially Sophie looked so cute and grown up in their Sunday best. We have been attending First Baptist Monterey for the past few months. It is a sweet church and the pastor is very conservative in his teaching. I am very grateful for the recommendation from an Army friend. Conservative churches are hard to come by in Northern California.
After naps, Sean and I both had some reading to get done, so we decided to head down to the beach. It was our first time here. The beach access point we found is about 10 minutes from our house. The girls love playing in the sand and we all dipped our toes in the freezing Pacific. We are hoping to make this a Sunday afternoon tradition when weather permits. 


3 comments:
Hurray! What fun!
Baby Bronson was just born. He's 7.7 lbs and that's all I've heard so far. We're going to go visit when Troy gets home from work.
Love you!
Heather
Wow, that is amazing. I love the new look of your blog, especially that picture at the top! What an adventure for sure. S & J are just the sweetest girls, give them kisses for me.
I just noticed that the girls are using Papa and LaLa's purple beach buckets. That makes me happy.
Post a Comment