My dear friend Christie said goodbye to her husband Tim on Sunday. He will be gone a year. Their girls, Grace and Mary Ashlyn, are 3 and 1. Here is an excerpt from her email.
"Friends and Family, As most of you know Tim left yesterday for his next deployment. It was really hard on all of us to say goodbye, but I think hardest for him. Along with missing and worrying about us he has no small task to accomplish while he is there. Please pray for his safety, his physical, mental, and spiritual protection. When you remember Tim in your prayers, remember his soldiers, he has close to 100 he is responsible for. My prayer as with yours I know is that the Lord will see everyone of those soldiers home safely." Please remember our soldiers in your prayers and actions as they continue to sacrifice for your families protection. Also, remember their wives. They are often the unsung heroes who carry the heavy mantel of continuing life at home as normal as possible, a weight that is many times overwhelming. I have joked that it is the wives, just as much the soldiers, that need the care packages and the notes of encouragement. I would encourage you that the next time you feel lead to "support the troops" you find a way (I have contacts if you need them) to encourage the wife of a soldier who faithfully carries on her duties so that her soldier is free to complete his.
1 comment:
Wow, thanks for the reminder. And thanks for carrying on when Daddy's deployed. Thanks to Sean for sacrificing and thanks to you and your girls for your sacrifice. I'm very thankful for you guys!
Post a Comment