Friday, February 27, 2009

Family Emergency

Over Christmas my mother-in-law, Denise, was diagnosed with brain cancer. She has been living with lupus for many years now, but you never expect a complication like this. She has been going through chemo and having to spend more time in the hospital than out of it.
We call her almost every night especially so that the girls can talk to her and give her a morale boost.
Last night she was taken to the hospital because of balance issues among other things. They did an MRI. When we called she was happy, but extremely confused. She couldn't remember my name.
This morning the results show us that the cancer is spreading rapidly and from what we understand there is not much, if anything, that they can do for her.
We decided that we needed to get home as soon as possible. Sean is flying out tonight and thanks to the generosity of Sean's Uncle Jamie, who is a pilot for United, the girls and I will fly out tomorrow morning. My mom is going to meet us in Denver to help out with the girls. Denise's parents and siblings are flying in tonight as well.
I have so many prayer requests right now I don't even know where to start. Please just be in prayer for Sean's family for unity and patience and that there would be a sweet spirit between everyone. Pray for me, especially that I will have super natural patience with the girls in the next 24 hours as I pack us up, not having any idea how long we will be gone, and fly to Denver tomorrow.
I will update as I can.

8 comments:

April said...

Corrie, I am so sorry to hear this. I had no idea Denise was so sick. I will be in prayer for all of you!

kcknoles said...

Corrie, praying for you! This must be so hard. Let me know if you need anything while you're in town!

Lisa said...

Praying...

Kimberlee said...

We are praying Corrie! What a difficult situation for you all!

Jess said...

I cannot even imagine! Praying for all of you! God will have His arms around you all and give you peace and comfort.

Cherie said...

Absolutely praying for all of you. We didn't know Denise was sick, either. Love you so much.

Mary said...

Praying for all of you.

Brie said...

So sad to read this news, Corrie. Please know that you and your family will be kept in our thoughts and prayers. Denise always strikes me as a very joyful lady who loves the Lord in the photos you post, so I pray she can continue to keep this joy for however long God continues to bless you all with her presence.