Denise has been in the hospital for about a week and a half. Hospital rooms tend to be very drab and sterile so we have tried to brighten hers up a little bit. One blessing is that her room is on the 11th floor, so she has a great view and the two big windows let lots of sunshine in.

We have also tried to brighten it up with color, cards, pictures of loved ones, and other happy things. We made a poster for visitors to sign and tape all of the cards she receives on the door. The picture below is the view that Denise has sitting on her bed.

Right now Denise is borderline neutropenic, so she can't have any flower in the room. I bought her these happy flowers. The girls named them Jenna and Sophie and multiple times a day Denise comments on how cute they are as if she is seeing them for the first time.

Denise's sister
Sharon made her this quilt when she was first diagnosed. It is so bright and cheery and coordinates with the flowers. :) She embroidered
Adventures in Hope on it, the name of Denise's blog
.
Of all of the things that we have brought to Denise's room what has made the most impact is our love for her. We have a reputation on the oncology floor for being the loving, caring, joyful room. We have had many nurses tell us what a blessing it has been to have our family around. I wrote a verse of a Psalm on Denise's white board today. I did it for her, but now I am hoping that the nurses will see it as well and they will be able to understand the reason for the hope that is within us.
4 comments:
You are doing amazing things. I miss you and love you and think about you all day long.
Hi Corrie,
I am Heather's sister-in-law and I just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Denise and all of you have an amazing faith that is a true testimony to us all. We will be praying! love, Katy Greene
Corrie, what a story of beauty in ashes, so to speak! God brings great things out of the most dreary in our lives. Thanks for letting Him use you. And thanks for sharing it too. We're praying.
I love the "adventures in hope" that is stitched on the quilt. It's amazing how God works in the midst of pain...praying for you all!
Post a Comment