Monday, March 09, 2009

For better or for worse, in sickness and in health

Today Jim and Denise celebrated their 24th anniversary. Upon Jim's request, Judy and her girls (Sean's aunt and cousins) prepared an amazing anniversary dinner. They brought it to the hospital and Judy and Becky set it up in Denise's room while Emily provided the pre-dinner entertainment on the baby grand piano in the atrium of the hospital. It was a very special time and Jim said that it turned out exactly how he imagined.
Jim and Denise on their anniversary and 24 years ago on their wedding day.
Judy went to Whole Foods to get a cake that would fit within the guidelines of Denise's diet. She explained the situation to the lady at the bakery and asked if she could do something special. The whole cake was too big so one they decorated a piece of cake to look like a whole cake. When Judy picked it up the baker told her their would be no charge.
Today Jim and Denise celebrated their 24th anniversary. Upon Jim's request, Judy and her girls (Sean's aunt and cousins) prepared an amazing anniversary dinner. They brought it to the hospital and Judy and Becky set it up in Denise's room while Emily provided the pre-dinner entertainment on the baby grand piano in the atrium of the hospital. It was a very special time and Jim said that it turned out exactly how he imagined.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Ok I don't even know them and I'm tearing up! It is a beautiful thing to see a couple stay so true to their vows. As unfortunate as the situation is, I have no doubt they will continue to be an inspiration to all the lives they touch.

Jess said...

I don't even know them and I'm tearing up! It is a beautiful thing to see a couple stay so true to their vows. As unfortunate as the situation is, they will continue to be an inspiration to all the lives they touch.

Heather of Troy said...

That is beautiful.

Cindy said...

Tears are rolling down my face as I read you entry. There is always something to celebrate isn't there? I am so thnkful that you can see God's work in this situation. It is a testimony to his grace and his storehouse of mercy. I continue to pray for all of you as you walk in the valley of the shadow of death.

Lisa said...

Wow. Now THAT is love.

Tarah said...

How very sweet and speical! That really is a display of true love!