I would be remiss to continue on with blogging without mentioning the Barnes family. They opened up their home and their hearts to us last month. Jamie and Judy graciously gave us their master bedroom for the entire month. We were fed like royalty and the girls were loved on every waking moment. I learned so much from Judy, especially about practical home making and training children. We all spent many fun evenings playing cards and eating tapioca pudding. :) When all was said and done I didn't get many pictures of them, but we will always remember their love and kindness.
Judy, on the right.
Jamie with Denise.
Jenna made a special bond with Emily. Emily (who is 18) amazed me with how intentional she was with Jenna and how much she enjoyed playing with her. There were many times when I was able to be apart of the grown up games and conversations because of Emily, which was a huge gift to me. Jenna loved to join her in the kitchen, but was especially happy when Emily joined her in her imaginary world. Thank you Emily!
Sophie made a special connection with Jonathan. He is 14 and way over 6 ft. She called him "Jono Giraffe." He spent hours playing with her and could make her laugh when no one else could. Jonathan also moved our car seats from car to car countless times, always with a cheerful heart.
Each one of the 9 Barnes children is a fantastic, unique individual. I think it says a lot that after living there a month Sean and I were more encouraged than discouraged to have a large family. I don't know that that is God's will for us, but we were blessed to be able to see that it can be done well.
3 comments:
WOW! That's a lot of family! I hope God has plans to increase your family, too. But if not, I love those two precious girls sooo much!
I love seeing Sophie smile so big in a picture!
I agree with Heather! Sophie's grins on the plane and with "Jono" are too cute. Your family is a constant encouragement - thanks for being such a great example.
Post a Comment