After a two year hiatus ,we are back to the reality of Army life, deployment. Sean left last week for his 4th deployment. So far we are doing well. The anticipation was the hardest part, especially for Sophie. Poor thing, she cried for a couple of weeks every time he left for work.
I got an email from Sean yesterday to let me know that he made it. He asked for prayer as his very overwhelmed with the responsibilities that he is taking over. I think once he gets into the swing of things he will be fine, but it is a big learning curve right now.
I am doing well. I have moments of being pretty overwhelmed as well, but I am blessed to have so much help and support from wonderful family and friends, to an amazing church community and even a neighbor with a little girl just a month older than Rachel.
The day of Sean's deployment his parents picked him up and took him on post so that the girls and I could follow later and we wouldn't have to get his car back home. Jenna decided that she just wanted to say goodbye that morning, so that she wouldn't miss school. She loves kindergarten and the routine is very comforting to her. I decided to leave Rachel with a friend so that I could focus on Sophie. So it was just the three of us at the bus, but it was still a very sweet time.


1 comment:
Love you, sweetie.
Post a Comment