Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sophie in her own time

My friend, Joanna, sent Jenna book for her birthday called Ruby in Her Own Time (thank you Jo!). It is about a little duck who catches on slower to most things than her brothers and sisters. Her father is concerned, but her mother knows that she will do everything in her own time. I was really impacted by this book since my girls tend to be behind the norm when it comes to big developmental milestones. Jenna didn't walk until she was 17 months old and now Sophie is over 9 months old and is not crawling yet (Jenna was crawling by this age.)

I'm not concerned, she is so close that I keep thinking any day it is going to happen. I'm even a little relieved that I haven't had to put up baby gates and keep a close eye on her. Once she starts to crawl my life will really change.

Even though she isn't crawling she has figured out her own way of getting around. It is a combination of twisting, scooting and bouncing. Sometimes she ends up on her back with a shocked look on her face, not understanding how she go there. Sometimes she pulls herself all the way over her feet and plants her nose in the ground. But, most of the time she just moves around little by little taking her time...her own precious time.







2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh,to be able to squeeze my baby Sophie(Ruby). What adorable pictures of her moving around her"own" way.
LALA

Anonymous said...

I think your girls are ahead of the curve in hair growth. They both have gorgeous hair and Sophie has way more hair than most babies her age...I even met a 16 month old yesterday and she only has peach fuzz. Yeah for gorgeous hair!