The last weekend of November, Sean and I flew to Vegas with two of our best couple friends for a weekend get a way. We had been planning and saving for this, "Welcome Home Sean, " trip for months. It was so much fun to get to fly with friends and spend 3 days and 4 nights as couples and friends.
We spent most our time walking "The Strip," going into all of the amazing hotels. This is my favorite pictures of me and Sean across the street from "New York, New York."

Jessica and Kenny Knapp and Lora and Dennis Bryant are the best friends we could ever ask for. I have known Kenny and Dennis since middle school and they were the first friends that Sean made when he moved to Colorado Springs. They guys were all in each others weddings. Jessica and I taught together and ECA and Lora and I knew each other from Covenant College. So, needless to say we have a lot of history, but I think this trip ranks up there as one of our best memories. Both couples live in Colorado Springs and were a huge support to me during Sean's deployment. We know how rare it is to have such good friends not just as individuals, but also as couples. Saying goodbye to these friends will be one of the hardest parts of moving from Colorado Springs next winter.

We stayed at Circus Circus. Needless to say we picked it for the price. :) Sadly I think that we didn't enjoy the trip as much as we could have because of the hotel. It was clean, but that is about the only good thing I can say about it. Although there are casinos everywhere you go, we had to walk through 10 minutes of them coming from or going to our room. Sean and I had never gambled before. We played some slot machines, but the noise and the "ickyness" of it all really got to both of us. However, it was worth it to be there together and with good friends.
.JPG)
If I ever go back (and I really have no desire to) I would love to stay at the Bellagio. It reminded me of the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. It had a beautiful conservatory that was decorated for Christmas and an incredible out door water fountain show. I felt like I was in a completely different world from all of the lights and bling of Vegas and I loved it.

The view of the Rockies from our flight home.

Tips for visiting Vegas:
1. If possible stay on the south end of the strip where all of the beautiful hotels are. Even if you can't stay on the strip it would be worth it not to have to do so much traveling
2. Go see a Cirque Du Soleil show. We went to see "KA." It was phenomenal. I have never seen anything like it and don't even know how to describe it.
3. Wear really good walking shoes and bring an umbrella just in case you are there during one of the three days of the year that it rains. (Yes, we were. :) )
4. Don't try to go to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant and order dessert only. They won't let you even if you are dressed in your best. (that was a humbling moment.)
5. Do go with friends and enjoy the city for all of its craziness and beauty.
1 comment:
I didn't know you were moving next winter! Do you know where you're going? Sorry if I was supposed to know this and just forgot.
Post a Comment