The first Monday we were here the girls and I drove to Arlington to visit my friend Jennica. Jennica and I both graduated from Covenant in 2000, but we have really become friends since then. We were both in Lisa's wedding and I stayed with her when I interned in Congress the summer of 2001. She flew out to Colorado for my wedding and Lisa and I flew to Florida for hers. It was that weekend that I found out that I was pregnant with Sophie. Jennica is one of those friends that I always learn something new from and I always wish I had more time with. I hope we can get together at least a couple more times before we leave.
Jennica just had her first little one, Ellie, a few months ago. She is the sweetest little thing. She stayed snuggled by her mommy almost the whole time and didn't make a peep the whole time we were at the park. The girls were fascinated by Ellie and Jenna spent the the next few days carrying her animals around in a makeshift sling.
The Thursday after we visited Jennica offered to watch the girls so that Sean and I could go out on a date! We went to Old Town Alexandria, window shopped and had dinner. It was so refreshing to be together, just the two of us. Thank you Jennica!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment