On Monday, the 6th, we set off on our adventure across the country. The house was packed, cleaned and sold, we had said our goodbyes, the car had new oil, new wiper blades and a full tank of gas. I was as prepared as I could be with snacks and movies, trinkets and books to help us on our way. I had my GPS and had printed Google directions, including a list of the McDonalds from Colorado Springs to Knoxville, TN that have play places. I really had no idea how the girls were going to do, but we were going to do it.

My precious mother-in-law took a week off of work to drive the majority of the trip with us. I was so grateful for her. I drove and she kept the girls happy. We could makes it about 2 1/2 hours at a time before we all needed a break.

We got to the hotel and Denise decided go out and get dinner. It took her a little longer than we expected (which is a funny story all in itself) so we didn't eat until about 8:00, but the girls were wonderful. We didn't have a table in our room so we used a luggage cart instead.

Wednesday we were tired of McDonalds so we stopped at Cracker Barrel. Our usual hour break turned into almost two, but it was worth it.

Our last stop before Knoxville was made at a rest stop in Tennessee. It was beautiful and th girls and I had fun running around and looking at the fall leaves.

Wednesday night we made it to Knoxville! I had planned our trip so that we could spend some time here with my good friend Lisa and her family before heading on to Virginia. Denise's sister Julie and her girls Erin, and Abby drove up from Chattanooga the next morning. Denise drove home with them and spent a few days with them before flying home to Colorado. It was fun to see them and I was glad that Denise was able to make the most of her time in Tennessee.

3 comments:
It looks so easy in the pictures. I especially love the pictures of Denise and Jenna. How absolutely adorable!
Can't wait to see you all. If I didn't have plane ticket, I think I would die seeing the pictures.
Love you,
Mom
You did it! I'm so proud of you! And way to go even taking pictures along the way!
Wow! What a trip! Isn't it such a blessing to have great mother in laws?
Post a Comment