A much anticipated part of our trip, for me, was our stop in Knoxville. As much as I wanted to get to Virginia I didn't want to miss the opportunity to spend time with my precious college roommates. College roommate sounds so impersonal for these two dear friends. We have been through college, courtships, weddings, marriage and babies together. I couldn't be more blessed than to have Lisa and Olivia to travel this journey with me. Even though I don't live as close as I would like to (Lisa is in Knoxville and Olivia is in Chattanooga) we are determined to live close someday, even if it's in a nursing home!
Olivia drove up from Chattanooga and Lisa found two friends to watch 6 of our 8 children so that we could go out to lunch. We went a tea room, the quietest place we could find, and enjoyed high tea complete with finger sandwiches and little desserts. At one point we laughed about going to get something to eat afterwards (it didn't look like very much food to two nursing mamas), but it was worth it for the the beautiful, relaxing atmosphere.
Bethany and Ellie came with us and were perfect tea time companions.
When we got back Lisa pulled out a bunch of dress up clothes and the kids spent a long time playing around and dancing. This was the best group shot that we got. Doesn't look like they are having so much fun? Really, they were, they were just annoyed that we stopped the fun to take pictures. Well, Sophie was a little more than annoyed.
We were planning on going out to dinner, but forgot that is was Sunday and that we are in the South. We walked to 2 different places before we decided just to feed the kids the granola bars and goldfish that Lisa had wisely brought along and pick up something on the way home for the adults.
We had a wonderful time. I'm just sorry that we never got a picture of the three of us with all of our kids. The only other disappointment was that my cell phone disappeared. The last time I used it was in Lisa's house. We all three turned that house upside down, and still nothing. But, with 8 kids under 5 who knows where it could be. Heather says her guess is that it got flushed down the toilet. :)
2 comments:
I think a kid threw your cell phone in the trash. =) And if I thought it was as lost as it was, I would've gone through the trash a lot more thoroughly. Did you get a cool replacement? It was fuuuun having you guys here. sigh...
I just saw my roommate Jenny in Texas and introduced our little ones. Amazing how time flies, what a gift to stay in touch through all the different seasons. Cute pics :O)
Post a Comment