
Denise has shown a lot of improvement over the past few days. I spent the night with her on Tuesday night and for the first time since we have been here I found myself thinking, "She is actually going to make it through this!" The week before, when I spent the night she had close to no strength. She couldn't sit up, stand or walk, even with a walker, on her own. On Tuesday night we took a walk down the hall. She only used the walker because I insisted on it, I didn't want her to lose her balance and fall. When we were in the room she walked over to her suitcase and sat down on the floor to organize her clothes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Mentally she is still having trouble knowing where she is, what day it is and things like that. However, Dr. Lee has told us that he doesn't think she will have any brain damage. The cancer has not been inside her brain, just on top, so as it decreases the different parts of her brain will be able to return to their proper places.
Right now the plan is to continue this course of treatment, which would have her in the hospital for another month. Sean, the girls and I will be going home Saturday, weather permitting.
The doctors are thrilled, the nurses are in awe and we are all praising God for his grace and his mercy.
10 comments:
Praise God!!!!!! WOW!
Wonderful news, thank you Lord!
Corrie, it is so good to hear that Denise is improving! I have all of the girls in my Bible study praying for her. We love you guys!! I'm flying to Houston on Saturday... maybe I'll see you at the airport. :) I hope you have a safe trip back.
That is amazing. I can't believe it!
Yeah. Ethan's prayer for a miracle is being answered.
Sharon
Praise the Lord!
awesome news Corrie!!
Praising God for the good news. Believing God will perform a miracle in Denise.
~Carolyn Irizarry
Praising God for His goodness. And He still performs miracles. :)
Praising God and believing for full recovery.
Post a Comment