Sunday, March 22, 2009

Puppy Love

We have been having some beautiful weather in Colorado. Yesterday, Denise was able to go outside. Sean and I brought Gracie over and we all walked to the park and back. Once Gracie calmed down from all of the new smells she gave Denise some sweet nuzzles. Gracie has been staying at the Barnes house with the rest of us. She is doing well, but I'm sure she misses being the center of attention of the Castle home and not having to contend with another dog, a bird, a guinea big and the 1-2 dozen people that have been in and out of the Barnes home. There's not much change to report. Here is the latest update.
Hi folks,
"Not much new to report. Denise has shown some modest overall improvement in her strength, balance, coordination, and focus since the acceleration of her treatment plan. These are consistent with slight reduction in the swelling and lesions in her brain. However, the counts for Epstein-Barr virus in her spinal fluid are up significantly despite the direct injection of meds into her spinal fluid. Not sure what that means, and I think the doctors are reassessing as well. They have been cautiously encouraging, but counsel continued patience. Denise remains comfortable and upbeat, though she is clearly tired of living in the hospital. We'll likely be here for several more weeks. We love and miss you all, and continue to value your prayers and best thoughts.
Jim"

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you finally got Gracie there. What a precious picture..
Boy are you making the memories.
I am so proud of you,' MOM

Jim said...

Actually, Gracie is the original party dog. She won't come to bed until the last of the 1-2 dozen people in the Barnes house do. I'm afraid she'll be bored to death when she gets home with just Denise and me.