Our house is pretty much set up. We’re down to hanging pictures and
getting the car into the garage. I’m still moving stuff around and probably
will the whole time we live here, but the big projects are dwindling.
Since the walls of our home are concrete, hanging pictures is not something
that we can do. It takes a request to the facilities office and a follow up
email and a lot of patience. But, today I got a call to let me know that some
workers would be by at 1:00! The girls and I were cautiously excited, so when
the door bell rang at 1:00 I was pleasantly surprised to see 3 workers.
The conversation that followed still has me laughing:
“Hi! Are you here to hang my pictures?”
“No, we are here to check on your cabinets.”
“Okay, I was told that someone would come by at 1:00 to hang pictures.”
“Yes, that is us, but we do not hang pictures in the afternoon. We have to
come in the morning.”
“Hmmm, okay, well will you come back tomorrow?”
“No, we do not hang pictures on Fridays.”
“Okay, what about Monday?”
“Okay, sure mom. What is good for you?”
“9:00?”
“No, we have a meeting at 9:00.”
“Okay, 10?”
“Okay.”
I took them around the house to see the cabinets that needed repairing.
After they finished, the boss came to me and, as if it was nothing out of
the ordinary, said:
“Okay, we hang your pictures now.”
Blank stare from me…
“Okay. Great!”
So the pictures are hung, the grill
is working and so is the cable (which both have crazy stories of their own).
Life is good and a fluid is the new flexible.
No comments:
Post a Comment